Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Vintage Sweater for a KAL

I am going to be moving in the next few months and am busy packing up all my craft supplies. I've set aside a few things to keep the hands busy during the evenings and one is a cardigan from Columbia-Minerva booklet #735, Casual Quick Hand-Knits, from 1960. It's my project for the KAL in the Ravelry group, All Things Vintage. The knitting pattern must be published between 1948-1962. I found the pattern on the Free Vintage Knitting site here.



This looks like a comfortable sweater. So many sweaters from this time have very small waist, which I do not have! I'm using a worsted-weight yarn, Paton's Canadiana. It's a cheerful light blue, slightly aqua. I think it's a discontinued color, as I can't find it on the color charts. I like the label with the Tom Thompson "Jack Pine" painting on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment